Information for prospective authors: Writing Feature Articles for IEEE Power Electronics Magazine
In addition to solicited articles, the magazine also accepts articles contributed by practicing power electronics engineers, experienced designers, and researchers from either industry or academia. These articles offer effective use of the state-of-the-art electronic components and semiconductor devices, application of control theory and circuit design techniques, and the development of analytical tools used in efficient and effective energy conversion, control, utilization, and conditioning of electric power.
If you are interested in contributing an original article, please submit an abstract of the article (less than 250 words) first to the Editor-in-Chief (EIC) at email@example.com. The abstract should be a one paragraph description of your topic of interest, explaining why it is important and what new information or value it brings to the readers of IEEE Power Electronics Magazine.
After you submit your abstract, it will be reviewed by our editorial board. The EIC will inform you of our decision, whether the abstract is accepted or not or needs revision. If accepted, the EIC will then provide you with author guidelines for completing the article, which includes simple instructions on how to submit the final manuscript. Create the article using these guidelines and then submit the completed article to the EIC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your article will be peer-reviewed by at least two experts in the field. When the article passes the peer review, it will be scheduled for an upcoming issue of the magazine. The author must make changes and corrections that are recommended by the two reviewers. Before publication, the author must sign an IEEE copyright form.
Author Guidelines for Features
– Source file: Submit your article in Microsoft Word, single column format, single line spacing
– Word Count: Keep your article to 2500 words (max) ±350 words
– Illustrations: 10-12 Figures/Tables. IEEE accepts PS, EPS, PDF, PNG, JPG or TIFF formats for graphics submission.
– Resolution: Minimum 300 dpi. Most graphics are published at one column width (3.5 inches / 21 picas wide) or two column width (7.16 inches / 43 picas wide)
– Bylined: Provide short author bio(s) at the end of the article
– References: Include few references at the end -10-15 (max)
– Peer Review: The article will be peer reviewed by two experts before going to print. Any comments/suggestions by the reviewers must be implemented by the author or authors.
– Copyright form: Before going to the printer (production), the author must sign IEEE copyright form